Why is the IRS Targeting Cannabis Businesses with 280E Audits?
What Cannabis Operators Need to Know to Prepare
Webinar Presented by Bridge West CPAs & Advisors and Holland & Hart LLP
If you would like to watch the webinar recording, please visit the link below.
This informative and engaging webinar was presented by Calvin Shannon, CPA, CVA, the President of Bridge West CPAs , and Rachel K. Gillette, a Partner in the Cannabis Industry Group of Holland & Hart LLP.
Calvin Shannon is a prominent cannabis industry accounting, tax, and finance specialist with more than 25 years of experience. With a deep understanding of the challenges cannabis clients face, Calvin is skilled at working with operators to develop and implement innovative solutions. Bridge West serves more than 600 cannabis operators nationwide and has specialized in the cannabis industry since 2009.
Rachel Gillette is a leading cannabis-focused lawyer, helping clients nationwide proactively plan and implement strategies to capitalize on strategic business opportunities. As a vanguard of the marijuana industry, Rachel leverages more than a decade of experience guiding clients to establish, expand, and protect profitable businesses in a rapidly evolving legal, regulatory, and financial environment.
During this webinar, Calvin and Rachel covered:
- What you need to know about 280E
- What we know about why there’s been an uptick of IRS audits and compliance audits targeting cannabis companies
- What cannabis businesses can do to avoid an audit
- Overview of the audit process and timeframe needed
- A step-by-step roadmap for cannabis businesses if you receive an IRS audit notification